Information on Submitting
New Submission deadline: July 5th, 2013
Voting ends: July 11th, 2013
Introduction Video K-6
We are called to go out in the world to serve others and share our faith with them. We have a responsibility to God, ourselves, and to others.
Part of helping ourselves and others is taking care of our bodies and respecting other people’s bodies. We are made in the image and likeness of God (Gen.1:26). We should treat every body as the image of God. We should exercise, eat enough but not too much, and eat healthily.
How do you respect your body and the bodies of others?
Here are a few ideas of what you can do:
- draw/colour/paint an icon of Christ
- draw/colour/paint an icon Annunciation of Gabriel to Mary (when God took on a human body and nature in the womb of the Theotokos (Mary))
- take a picture of the meals that you eat
- make a video talking about good types of food to eat to stay healthy
- make a video about the physical activities you are involved in (soccer team, karate, swimming, camping, etc)
- make a poster with good things and bad things for your body
- find a saint and make a presentation of how that saint had respect for his/her body and the bodies of others
- find a passage from the Bible which talks about respect for the body
- make a presentation about how you receive the Body and Blood Christ at Liturgy every Sunday
- write a prayer thanking God for saving us through Jesus Christ
The winner’s class will get $100, and winners themselves can choose from a variety of prizes.
The following prizes are for single-person entries (entries that include more than one person will be divided appropriately):
$40 iTunes gift card, $40 Apple gift card, 2 Movie passes, $40 Chapters gift card, soccer ball, colouring book, $40 West Edmonton Mall gift card, $40 Chinook Mall (Calgary) gift card, $40 Lego gift card, or an icon.
Here are some examples of what you can submit.