Information on Submitting
New Submission deadline: July 5th, 2013
Voting ends: July 11th, 2013
Introduction Video 7-9
Stewardship is looking after all the gifts that come from God. We are called to be good stewards of creation and our relationships with God, ourselves, and others. Being good stewards does not just mean preserving these relationships, but also making all of these relationships grow. We are also called to be good stewards of our faith and the Church. Stewardship is practised on our own, within our family, community, school, parish, city, province and country.
Part of being a good steward is looking after our own bodies. Human beings are made in the image and likeness of God (Gen.1:26). We should approach our bodies and those of others as bearing the image of God. St. Paul says our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor.6:19). Therefore we should treat our own bodies and those of others with respect and reverence, and, as St. Paul says, “glorify God in your body” (1Cor. 6:20). We should exercise regularly, eat enough but not in excess, eat healthily, and practice healthy and chaste sexuality.
How do you respect your body and the bodies of others?
Here are a few ideas of what you can do:
- draw/colour an icon of Christ or of the Annunciation of Gabriel to Mary (when God took on a human body and nature in the womb of the Theotokos (Mary))
- take a picture of the meals that you eat
- make a video about the physical activities you are involved in (soccer team, karate, swimming, camping, etc)
- find a saint and create a presentation of how that saint had respect for his/her body and the bodies of others
- make a collage of biblical passages which show the beauty of the human person
- make a presentation on saints whose bodies remain intact after death (incorruptible saints)
- make a presentation on how human beings are restored to their full dignity in the person of Jesus Christ
- make a presentation about the Eucharist being the Body of Christ and of the Church being the Body of Christ
- make a presentation on John Paul II’s Theology of the Body
- Talk about the importance of waiting for marriage to have sex
- Talk about the importance of being sexually chaste outside of and inside of marriage
- make a presentation on why sex is meant to happen without contraceptives (condoms, etc.)
- make a presentation on human trafficking in Canada and what can be done to prevent it
- make a presentation on prostitution in Canada and what can be done to prevent it
- make a presentation on drug and alcohol abuse and addictions and what can be done to prevent it
- write a poem about God taking on our human nature for our salvation
The winner’s class will get $100, and winners themselves can choose from a variety of prizes.
The following prizes are for single-person entries (entries that include more than one person will be divided appropriately):
iPod nano, $100 iTunes gift card, $100 Apple gift card, $100 iPhone gift card, $100 Chapters gift card, $100 Tim Hortons gift card, $100 Subway gift card, $100 West Edmonton Mall Waterpark gift pass, $100 Starbucks gift card, $100 West Edmonton Mall gift card, $100 Chinook Mall (Calgary) gift card, or an icon.
Here are some examples of what you can submit.